Saturday, September 4, 2010

So another month, huh?

Well, we found out yesterday , based on what our family coordinator says, we wont get our referral phone call until end of Sept/ beginning of October. This is just what she foresees...not certain ( meaning it COULD come earlier..or later) So bummed! Now, I know that doesn't sound like a very long time, but when you spend most of your waking hours staring at a cell phone , willing it to ring...days and weeks can really begin to wear at ya!

Thankfully we are beginning my favorite time of the year..I love fall! The crisp air, football season, the change of leaves, the anticipation of the holidays. I am so excited that now I will be able to add the memory of seeing our new children's faces to this wonderful season.

I know God's timing is perfect and if court had not closed and if baby boy referrals had not slowed down like they have, we may not be able to be referred Mikias ( Micah) as well. So it is all in HIS perfect will. Here are a few prayer requests concerning our adoption, if you would like to pray with us:

1. That they are home by Christmas (and that is still a possibility) :)
2. We receive one or more grants that we are waiting to hear from
3. That we can raise $5,000 more for Micah's adoption
4. That I can wait on the Lord and not stress out as I stare at my phone obsessively
5. For Micah and Isaac's health. We are unsure if they are at AWAA's transition home or in orphanages right now, but I know the TH is battling illnesses right now with a lot of the kids and I am sure the orphanages are too.

Thanks so much for joining us on this journey. I have to keep thinking back to last September when I was waiting to see if AWAA would even approve our application to adopt...Oh how far we have came!

2 comments:

  1. yeah, our agency had ONE baby boy referral last month... ONE! hoping sept is much busier than august. i'm ready for good news for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be strong in the Lord! You'll be home with your children soon.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed