Friday, April 8, 2011

Another week

Play by play of my last 24 hours.....

Yesterday at 11:00 am: We received an email stating that the judge was going to FOR SURE review our case today..yipee! :)

Yesterday at 2:00pm: We received an email stating that if the US government shuts down then the embassy in Ethiopia will not be able to process visas and will stand still all adoptions until they are back up and running.... um.. boo hiss, Washington, quit acting like babies and get your act together. :(

Yesterday at 5:00pm: I check the mail and our renewed USCIS I171h form is there.. Yay no backlog for that! :)

This morning at 10:00am : We receive an email that the judge did not look at our file and will not until next Friday. Even after she said she would. Apparently, she took the day off...I know, right. :(

This morning at 10:30: We find out that the other three families waiting, their file is to be reviewed on Monday not Friday like ours. .. Way to turn that knife in my heart. :(

Seriously. That has been my roller coaster for the last 24 hours. And if one more person tells me it is all in God's timing, my head may spin around and I may spew a green substance.

Excuse me if I am cranky.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I understand the roller coaster ride & there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT, right?!! Hang in there & we are hoping you will hear good news SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have permanently shelved the "it's all in God's timing" phrase FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. No matter how true it is, no matter how right it is, I will never say it to someone ever, ever again. And it's generously peppered in every daily "hopefully tomorrow" email from AWAA which may or may not make me want to throw my laptop through the window. (I'm having a bad day, can you tell?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, we are back in your boat again sadly :(. There was a miscommunication and we were NOT approved when we were told that we were on 3/23. I feel your pain! I can't wait until we both hear that we have passed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the timing thing too :) hehe! Or... "When is he coming home?" I will never give a guesstimate again. I thought January! Now I will say, "We'll see."

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart sank for you when I read this. I am so sorry that you are getting so many mixed messages. I am pretty sure that I would feel the EXACT way you do right now! I hope you get GREAT news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you Jackie and keeping you and your Micah and Sarah in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might say cranky. I might say that you sense injustice and are reacting with righteous indignation. I have to say that I like your passion and your distaste for trite Christianity.

    No idea why God allows this stuff. Still don't have any great divine insights into our unexpected TB delays during our ET adoption last summer. Sometimes people are shocked when I say that. "What? You mean you can't now see God's perfect plan all along?" --Actually, no, we just see a world that is desperately in need of salvation, and we are surrendered to the cause of trying to see God's will unfold (however unefficiently) in the middle of the mess.

    Wish it was different. Know there are others holding you up so you can hold on.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed