Friday, April 15, 2011

The short version

In case you have fazed out ( and I wouldn't blame you if you did) Here is the short version of "our Saga":

Jan 24 ~ First court date. No MOWA letter. No Birth mom statement for Sarah Faith

Feb 8 ~ Second Court Date. unfavorable MOWA letter. need homestudy authenticated by state and US embassy. Birth mom statement there though.

March 14 ~ Third Court Date. No MOWA Letter no new court date..waiting on MOWA letter

~ One week of waiting on MOWA Letter to be written...(every single day) ~

March 21 ~ MOWA Letter written

Begin waiting on judge to review for 13 work DAYS! Every single day get a "maybe tomorrow" email. (That is two and a half work weeks of waking up EVERY single morning and waiting by the phone to get good or bad news) .AWAA Makes a formal appeal, judge will see case on April 8th.

April 8th ~ Fourth Court Date. Judge doesn't come to work. Will see case April 15th.

April 15th ~ Fifth Court Date. Judge doesn't get to case. AWAA will appeal on Monday, April 18th for a court date for the SIXTH TIME!!!

NOW there is a case that is very similar to ours that when the judge did pick the case up to review it, the MOWA letter was unfavorable AGAIN because MOWA wanted their embassy form authenticated in the US. Which will take at least 10 days to do and get back to Ethiopia.

I am not sure if that will be the same with our case or not...but probably.

5 comments:

  1. i know, how i know this story... and i know the agony when you hang up that phone.
    i know the sobs that come with no sound from places you didn't even know existed.
    i know.
    but i also know, it will happen.
    and unlike natural labor and delivery.. you won't forget the pain the moment you step on that plane...
    but it WILL happen.
    and you WILL be home, together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Jackie and to the above poster (Amy) "you won't forget the pain" answers a question I have wondered in my own mind. Praying for peace for you today. (btw - you and your family are beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry :(. We are still a no-go too. If this referral has been a pregnancy, I should be due next month, so I'm hoping that means I'll go get him finally. I am constantly checking to see how things are going for you. You are in my prayers!

    Thank you Amy for being honest. So many people say I will forget the pain. How will I forget 9 months of hurting and waiting this much?! I don't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ufda. I struggle for words to ease your soul, Jackie. I thought today was the day. I am so so sooooooo sorry, my friend. A friend of mine was trying to assure me in our wait and said, "the longer the struggle, the greater the deliverance." Key to this is.....THERE WILL BE DELIVERANCE!!!!! You WILL bring your babes HOME!!!! I wish you knew when, but I will continue to pray that God helps you stand on His promises of protection and provision. May He covers you all and meet each one of you right where you are. I'm here if you just need to call and "unload" on someone or if you just don't have the strength and need someone to breathe life ~ God's life ~ into you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh! I'm so sorry! We have been through (and are at the end of going through) similar stuff and it sucks! I'm so done with ups and even more downs! I'm so done with being away from my precious daughter. We didn't pass on Feb 7th and then two expensive updates and authentications, miss court, no MOWA letter etc later we finally did pass on the 21st of March as a complete surprise. ... but now, nothing is happening to get her home - no court decree so nothing can be done. URGH!
    I'm tired of crying. Just want my baby home.
    Sorry - I came on here to try encourage! I still know God is bigger. I keep listening to Matthew West's song "Strong Enough" knowing that God has to be strong for me. Lean on Him. Know that complete strangers are praying for you.
    Chandra

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed