Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hurry up and wait

I got an email from our social worker that stated out homestudy should be completed by Feb 18th. There kinda goes my plan to be DTE by the end of Feb. She has 90 days to finish it and the fact that she is only taking about 60 really isnt bad, but I tried so hard to hurry and get all our paperwork in to her and now we are just waiting and it looks like we will be for the next 2 weeks. :(
Once it is finalized , it has to be sent to USCIS and hopefully it will not be long to get our 171H form. A trip to Raleigh for authentication and we can send it to AWAA. They will look over everything and approve it and then send it to Ethiopia.... See where I dont think this is gonna happen by the end of Feb?
I was really hoping to get our homestudy this week and maybe DTE would be a reality in Feb, but I am trying to tell myself that God knows exactly when that paperwork needs to get there and not a moment sooner would do me a bit of good.
Juts letting ya'll know there probably wont be any news to post for the next couple of weeks.

If you are praying with us, please pray that once our homestudy is approved and we are able to apply for grants we will receive some grant money to help with our international program fee that will be due here soon.
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. praying praying praying! praying for financial help and praying that your social worker is actually faster than she thought she'd be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My social worker originally told us 3 weeks to write it but this week, after one and a half she types a short sentence to let me know she has hurt her finger and can't type. Swellllll. I offered to drive up to type it while she dictates, and not even charge her mileage, but no go. :o(

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed