Thursday, January 28, 2010

Startin to sink in

Today, I had two Aha moments. I love Aha moments. They are usually burned on my normally forgetful, scattered brain and I remember the why and how and sometimes even the lesson from them :)

1. We were in Target and Abby and I were looking at baby blankets and it hit me that I am really, really going to get to use these for more than decoration this year. This year. 2010. :)

When we were in Florida trying to do a domestic adoption through the state, it was never really clear. There were so many pieces that had to fit together. A birth mom had to chose our profile, she had to have the baby and decide to sign over rights, this needed to be done in the 12 months our home study was current or we would need more $ and time to make it current. Sooo many variables and although I prepared a crib and clean baby clothes, it never really seemed real. And turns out...it never came to be.
With an Ethiopian adoption, we may not know the exact time, but the chances of us traveling to ET and bringing a baby boy home in 2010 is very very good. Yay!!

2. I was blog stalking (ahem) searching and I found this family's blog that has the cutest baby boy! He is darling! I was looking through their photos and I thought about when Abby, Nathan and Esther were that age and how everyone told me to cherish this time, it is so short and they grow up quick. You know what??...I didnt. I was a spaz that I was going to do something wrong with my firstborn and then Nathan was only 8 months old when I found out I was expecting Esther. Then with Essie, I had three babies under the age of 4. I was doing good to stand upright, much less enjoy moments.

With Isaac, I am going to be able to. We are all ( including Abby, Nathan and Esther) sooo excited to have a baby in the house. I can't wait to buy him cute clothes and see the zoo and the beach and other places through his eyes. I just got so excited all over again. It is easy to get bogged down in the paperwork and the waiting and the costs, but to think that in the next 10 months, there is going to be another member of our family to love on just came on me so clear today.

It is really good timing to because we are waiting for our homestudy to be finished and I am starting to feel the impatience building. Realizing this is more than just a dream... its going to be a reality made the waiting so worth it. AHA!!!

1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed