Monday, February 8, 2010

When plan B becomes plan A


I dreamed last night that I was pregnant.

It is funny because I have dreamed this a lot in the last 13 years of being a mom. Except this time when I woke,up, just in that moment between awake and asleep, my heart dropped.
I was not disappointed because I thought i was preg
nant...no, I would be thrilled, but because I knew that our adoption agency would make us halt our adoption plans.
My plan B ( to adopt if I cant get pregnant again) has become my plan A. I have came to the point where I can no longer imagine my life without an darling little Ethiopian baby in it.

I told my husband one day that adopting feels kinda like joining a team. You sort of learn the rules and the lingo, you pick a country and start wearing shirts that represent that country, you meet people you never really thought you would be friends with and are able to talk for hours with them. Your part of the team. The Mullis
family is part of the Ethiopian Adoption team and I cannot foresee a time in our lives where we will not be a part of that team. I think that is kinda cool.
I love that God has taken a decision to "step out of the boat" or out on faith and not only do I feel positive He will provide, He has also given us this circle of people that are also in various stages of adoption. We have a camaraderie that makes me feel even more confident in our decision and even more excited to share this journey with them.

Greg shared John 1:16 with me this week and that is how I feel about our adoption process.
"From the fullness of His grace , we have all received one blessing after another."

Sometimes Plan B is God's plan and if He gives us plan A, we will never know the blessings we could receive.



Go Team ET!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed