Sunday, January 30, 2011

What I am missing

I miss Ethiopia. I miss the warm sunshine and the smell of frankincense. I miss the sounds of the city and our sweet guides and their smiling faces. I miss the gentle calmness of the Ethiopian people. But most of all I miss a little boy and baby girl that have taken over a part of my heart.

I have a blanket that smells like Sarah Faith and every night I take time to hold it and think of her and it physically hurts to smell that blanket and think of her so far away.
I have looked at the 500+ pictures we took so many times and each time I see Micah's smiling face I count 8 hours ahead and wonder what he is doing and if he is smiling still. Does he understand how we so very much want him home with us? Does he understand why we had to leave and that we will come back. I hope and pray he does. I ache to feel those skinny little arms around my neck again.

I told someone before we left that it was a good thing two of my children were still in the states or I would have sent Greg on back without me. That is still true. If it wasn't for the desperate need to see Nathan and Esther, I would have been happy to just stay on in Ethiopia until Embassy.

Our next court date is one week and two days away. I am praying God will allow us to pass and that we will be able to return soon to bring our children home.
The thing is....I think Ethiopia has already taken a piece of my heart and will keep it, long after all five of my babies are under the same roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed