Monday, July 12, 2010

Isaac's elephant

Once we get our referral we will be able to send over a care package with a travelling family. I have not bought a lot to go in a care package yet because I am waiting to see what size he is before I buy clothes. I did buy this elephant.

Actually, I bought 2 elephants. Every morning when I get up and make my bed, I put one of the elephants under mine and Greg's pillows. There is stays all day and so hopefully when we send him to Ethiopia, he will smell like mommy and daddy! Once we have sent the first elephant in the care package, I will do the same thing with elephant number 2 . When we go to bring him home, it is not certain that we will get the elephant back, so we will have #2 ready with us. That way he will have a smell, sound ( you pull his tail and it makes music) and feel that is familiar to him with us.
We are kind of at that point of waiting to where there is not much to do but wait. I cant buy clothes because I don't know what size or what season I need, his crib is up, I have no pictures yet to start a scrapbook..all we are doing is waiting. Mr. Elephant is something small I can do to start the bonding process with my baby boy!

Hoping for that phone call SOON!

2 comments:

  1. it's so hard to not buy clothes!!! mr. elephant is super cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how the little things are enough to make you feel like you are doing SOMEthing, huh!?! :) What a GREAT idea with Mr Elephant!.....and he is SO CUTE!!!! ;o) Praying you get a call SOON!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed