Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Paper Pregnant

Paper pregnant. That is what they call it when you are chasing down all the documents needed for your Home study and Dossier ( that's all the paperwork that is sent to Ethiopia). I am feeling it. The morning sickness and fatigue has set in! ;). After our program fee was sent, we received and email with 12 attachments and another with10 attachments. All of which had to be downloaded and printed and then organized. I was so overwhelmed the first night looking at it all.
I have read through everything about 4 times and I am finally beginning to understand it all, put it in separate files and begin to dig my way out.

I do love checklists though and I have two whopper of checklists to work on. I have already started sending out the references and making copies of everything needed. This weekend I am taking my Mac with me to the cabin and will begin drafting the letters I need and also a 2-4 page autobiography.

This morning Greg and I got up and was talking about when we go and how many diapers we will need on the plane on the way back home and he mentioned that we are really going to need to look for some better ear buds for our ipods since the plane trip is so long. That is when it hit me....this is for real. All the paperwork and money seems so business like, but diapers and ear buds. Its a real trip we are taking to get real children. That totally made this whole paper pregnancy seem worth it!

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!!! i'm feeling the fatigue as well! but it's gonna be SOOOO worth it!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed