Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our sweet Abigail


Our oldest daughter Abby is about to turn 12. She is a sweet girl, loves the Lord and her family. I have often said that if Abby was an only child, I would have been a very obnoxious parent! She did everything the baby books told us she would do at just the right time. Abby has been praying for us to adopt a baby for a long time and is excited about the prospect of babies in the house again.
Without us knowing, since August, she has been taking her $5 a week allowance and splitting it into two separate accounts in her room. One for her spending money and one for our adoption fund. Yesterday she presented her daddy and I with $52 of her own money she wants to contribute towards adoption.

I was so proud of her because she is one that keeps a pretty tight reign on her money and is not known to spend or share it! We were so proud of her and Greg told her to
keep it and keep saving it. When we get in a spot that we need it, we will let her know. I am so thankful the Lord has given me tenderhearted generous children!


3 comments:

  1. that is so precious! the Lord has truly blessed you with Abbigail as well as blessed Abigail with great examples in you and Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love that Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your Abby is a lot like my Daniel and they are both 12...hmmmm in several years they might be a good match :-)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed