Thursday, August 20, 2009

My sweet baby boy

Nathan has wanted a baby brother for as long as I can remember. He has been so excited about us going to Ethiopia and getting him and brother or two or three. He came to me the other day crying with all of his birthday money. $113 in small bills. He said he wanted to give it all to me for us to fly to Ethiopia. He had looked at the paperwork and the financial breakdown and saw that a plane ticket was about $1130.
He made me cry he was so sweet and sincere about it. I explained to him that his grandparents gave him that money for his birthday and they wanted him to use it for him. He told me he didnt want anything more in the whole world than a baby brother or two or three.:)
I told him I would let him use some of his money on a gift, but I couldnt take it all and I came away with two things:

1. My son has a tender heart and I am so thankful for it.
2. We really need to work on place value beacuse he honestly thought he had enough to pay for a whole plane ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed