Saturday, August 8, 2009

My secret blog

So far this blog is a secret. I think 2 other people know I have this blog. I have told lots of people that we are looking to adopt from Ethiopia and that we are excited, but I have had some feelings and issues that I am not ready to share with the world right now.

I feel like the Lord is working out the bitterness I have over some issues that are not really the fault of those I am in contact with. I think I am just not real good at communicating how important adoption is to me and I feel like that if I open myself up and let people know this passion and then they still nay say, it will be like it is directed at me not at adoption in general....make sense??

A friend of mine and I were talking about adoption this week and she said something that is exactly how I feel. She told her husband that it feels like she has a 4th child out there waiting for her to come and get him. That is how strongly she feels about adoption. ditto.

The cost thing seems to be what most people are hung up on and I know its alot, believe me, I know. Here's the thing:

A 2009 ford explorer costs approx $42,000 and last how long?? 5 years?
a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean for a family of 5 costs around $6,000 and last exactly 7 days.
A Harley Davidson fat boy used is around $15,000
Your looking at around 20 grand for a speed boat
In 2006 the average cost of a 2br timeshare was $15,000
The average family spends $3900 eating out a year

So see, people spend a ton of money on stuff and then question me for wanting to adopt an orphan because it costs money?? I'm not getting that. Maybe its because I don't want to go on a no money down- apr financing- put me in debt for years to come kinda easy payment plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed