Thursday, October 14, 2010

We got the Call!!!!

Its a Boy!!!! ....And a Boy!!!!


Today was the day! (Actually, it was yesterday as I just realized it is after midnight!) We were at our Thursday co-op and Greg was with us because he was needed to help out with basketball and we were talking to a couple of moms about our adoption and the wait and how hard it was getting. Well, they walked away and I grabbed my phone out of my purse and saw on the screen 1 missed call from AWAA, 1 voicemail from AWAA at 1:51pm!!
I am so thankful we were together! Greg calmly steered me out of the gym and to our van. We listened to Caitlin's voicemail asking us to call her and so we called Caitlin back and heard the long awaited words, "this is your referral call!" I really couldn't breathe for a few seconds!

She went on to give us details about a baby boy ( 4 months!) and then she said this is also your referral call for Micah, his paperwork came in today too! Whoooo Hooooo!
We have been praying so hard that we would get the referrals together and we did!

We decided to calmly go back into the gym, grab my laptop and sneak off to an empty classroom to look at the pictures. I cannot tell you how hard it was to walk by so many moms that had been praying for us and not shout at the top of my lungs, "We got the call!!"

We knew we wanted to tell the kids first so we went to a classroom to go online and we couldn't get online, so we ended up looking at the pictures on my phone. We then met Esther in the hallway, and I couldn't stand it anymore, I blurted it out to her and as she is squealing and jumping up and down, we go and get the other two from their classes and show them their new brothers! Nathan was just a shaking!

I did go back in and tell some of my friends at co -op before we sped home to open all the medical files and documents.

We will sign the referral acceptance letters in the morning and get them mailed out. We already have some care packages to send the boys and AWAA families willing to carry them for us next week!


We are soooo blessed and happy!! Next we will be submitted for court and then we will wait for a court date to travel and meet the boys!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!!! We had the same referral day today!!!! Oh what a happy day!!!! Congrats again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! super exciting! and for BOTH on the same day! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOOO excited that you got both referrals, and that you and Greg got to be together for the referral call! Big Inhale! Big Exhale! THIS IS MOVING FORWARD! YAY!!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed