Thursday, August 26, 2010

DTE number 5


We are DTE 5 months now.I am really not excited to be posting this post. My "cup is always half full" brain never thought I would have to wait 4 months let alone 5. We are also researching grants and fundraising possibilities because adopting Mikias will add about $5,000 to our expenses. He is totally worth it...still not a lot of fun trying to figure out the expense side of adoption.

So I am kinda blah today. It would be an awesome day for a referral..but who knows...we may be waiting another 6 weeks. I may have no hair left on my head by then, but still...we wait.
While we are waiting we had to celebrate our 5 months with ice cream, so we went to Kernel Kustard last night with friends to enjoy another friend of ours play at a "local flavor" concert. It was a nice time, even though I have to admit I would have much rather been there celebrating a referral call not a 5 month DTE!

2 comments:

  1. with only one family in front of you, i'm hoping you're NOT waiting 6 weeks!!! there's 4 families in front of us on the boy list and we're at month 6 1/2... any more news on mikias recently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, the waiting is so hard! Just think, though, you're closer than ever!!!!!

    Mary FL

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed